Wellington

COVID-19 Update – March 20

On Thursday afternoon, it was confirmed that a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 had been on flights that had flown into and out of Dubbo Regional Airport on March 10. The flights in question were the 6.45am service from Sydney to Dubbo, and the 1.20pm service from Dubbo to Sydney, meaning the person was in the region for a period of approximately five hours. I have been in contact with senior management within the Western NSW Local Health District (LHD) and work is being done to ensure contact is made with people who have come into contact with …

COVID-19 Update – March 20 Read More »

Funding for educational facility at Wellington Caves

Wellington Caves will be able to offer a unique educational experience thanks to significant funding provided by the NSW Government. Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders joined with staff from Dubbo Regional Council on Friday to announce a $400,000 grant as part of the Stronger Country Communities Fund. Mr Saunders said the funding will be used to boost numbers at the recently-opened visitors centre at the Caves. “The visitors centre was a $4.2 million project which the NSW Government contributed $3.8 million towards as part of the money given to Dubbo Regional Council when the merger happened,” Mr Saunders …

Funding for educational facility at Wellington Caves Read More »

COVID-19 Update – March 19

On Thursday, the Western NSW Local Health District confirmed a case of COVID-19 in Bathurst, and a further case in Orange. It is important to note that at this point in time, while testing has been taking place, there are no confirmed cases in Dubbo, Wellington, Narromine or Mudgee. The state’s total, at the time of this release being distributed, is now 307 confirmed cases across NSW. The NSW Government will be basing about 20 agencies dealing with the response to the COVID-19 outbreak at the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) headquarters at Lidcombe, including police, health, education and transport …

COVID-19 Update – March 19 Read More »

Pip Smith named Dubbo Electorate Woman of the Year

Pip Smith’s years of commitment to making Wellington a better place to live has been rewarded. Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders used a surprise ceremony in Wellington on Wednesday to announce that Mrs Smith has been crowned as the Dubbo Electorate Woman of the Year. “There are so many people in our communities who do great work that flies under the radar,” Mr Saunders said. “As parliamentarians, each year we get the chance to award someone with the ‘Woman of the Year’ title and I couldn’t think of anyone more deserving this year than Pip Smith. “She is …

Pip Smith named Dubbo Electorate Woman of the Year Read More »

COVID-19 update – March 18

Hi, We know that the COVID-19 situation is growing more severe by the day, so I’m hoping to keep you updated as best as possible on what is happening. I understand the reasons why people may be concerned, and those reasons are valid. But there is no need to panic and by accessing the right information and using common sense measures we can and will get through this crisis. Here’s an update on where things currently stand. WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19?Fever, cough, tiredness, shortness of breath and other symptoms. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia or …

COVID-19 update – March 18 Read More »

NSW government provides stimulus for business and health sectors

Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders has welcomed a stimulus package announced by the Premier, Deputy Premier and Treasurer to assist with response to the COVID-19 crisis. On Tuesday the NSW Government announced a major $2.3 billion health boost and economic stimulus package to protect the community and help protect jobs over the next six months. Mr Saunders said the funding would be welcomed by the wider community, and would be revised as the COVID-19 situation progresses. “There are a lot of concerns in the community. Some of them are health-related and some people are wondering what will happen …

NSW government provides stimulus for business and health sectors Read More »

Statement on COVID-19

I fully understand the serious nature of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, which is why I decided to visit Dubbo Hospital today in order to get the absolute latest from one of our leading medicos. And the message is clear – be alert, but not alarmed. The nature of this situation is fluid and can change very quickly, but as we speak the best advice is to be cautious when it comes to symptoms. Here’s a few things to be aware of: DO • Keep your hands clean by washing them often with soap and water or using hand sanitiser • …

Statement on COVID-19 Read More »

Road safety on the map for Dubbo electorate

Motorists on our region’s roads will soon benefit from a suite of safety measures rolling out across the Dubbo electorate, with more than $10.7 million to be invested into eight projects through round three of the Safer Roads Program. Five roadways will benefit from the funding, being the Mitchell Highway ($3.64m), Hill End Road ($2.435m), the Renshaw-McGirr Way ($1.985m), Goolma Road ($1.405m) and the Burrendong Way ($1.27m). Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders said safety barriers, rumble strips and wide centrelines were some of the measures that will be installed on roadways to help keep motorists safe. “We know …

Road safety on the map for Dubbo electorate Read More »

Wellington Caves visitor experience opens up region’s tourism sector

Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders has welcomed the official opening of the Wellington Caves visitor experience, saying it will provide an added boost for tourism in the western parts of NSW. Mr Saunders said the caves are a significant contributor when it comes to attracting visitors to the Dubbo electorate, and the $4.2 million project will add to an already prosperous industry. The new facility includes a cafe and admissions area as well as educational exhibitions such as a discovery laboratory and mega fauna exhibition. “The NSW Government provided $3.8 million in funding towards the Visitor Experience as …

Wellington Caves visitor experience opens up region’s tourism sector Read More »

Saunders asks for more drought support

Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders has called for further financial support to be provided to residents and business owners in drought-impacted regions of regional NSW. Mr Saunders wrote to NSW Treasurer Dominic Perrottet earlier this week, calling for similar provisions to the ones applied to bushfire-affected parts of the state, including rate relief, and working capital and low interest loans. Mr Saunders said the proposed assistance would be similar to that rolled out across regions which have been affected by the devastating bushfires. “What has happened to parts of NSW, particularly on the South Coast, has been nothing …

Saunders asks for more drought support Read More »

Scroll to Top