There was some really positive news around COVID-19 over the weekend with Australia’s second drive-through vaccination centre opening right here in Dubbo.
The new clinic threw open its ‘doors’ at the Ewen MacInnes Pavilion at the Dubbo Showground on Saturday, and will aim to vaccinate about 200 people per day.
Both Pfizer and Astrazeneca are available depending on your eligibility: https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility?lang=en or call 1800 022 222.
This drive-through clinic will be a real game-changer for the many families and others with caring responsibilities, who have previously struggled to access vaccination, and it’s a real coup for the Dubbo region. I want to thank the amazing team at the Western NSW Local Health District as well as Dubbo Regional Council for pulling this together.
The Australian Defence Force (ADF)/Western NSW Local Health District (WNSWLHD) COVID-19 vaccination walk-in clinic has wrapped up in Dubbo, but will return in a couple of weeks to administer second doses. In the meantime it will continue across the wider western NSW region – you can see the full schedule at http://bit.ly/wnswlhdmobilevax
The dedication Wellington Clinic is open 10am – 4pm, Monday-Friday at the WACHS car park. Booking by appointment only, call 6845 5423.
Vaccinations are also available through GPs, Aboriginal Medical Services and a number of pharmacies across the region.
Transport for NSW has partnered with community transport providers across the region to provide free transport to vaccination appointments:
- LiveBetter (Dubbo, Wellington, Narromine): 6882 7711
- Mudgee Community Transport (Mudgee, Gulgong): 6378 2710
- Warren Community Transport (Trangie): 6847 4578
If you’re waiting on results, please contact the relevant pathology provider:
- Western NSW Local Health District: if you have not received your result within 72 hours call 1300 066 055
- Laverty Pathology: if you have not been contacted 48-72 hours after your test, call 13 39 36
- Histopath: if you have not received your result after 24 hours call 02 9878 8173
Stay-at-home rules: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/rules/affected-regions
If you need support to stay-at-home, reach out to any existing social service providers you are connected with.
If you have been directed to isolate and need support, call 1800 943 553
More support (food and other essentials):
- Uniting Family Connect and Support: 1300 339 016
- Emmanuel Care Centre: 6882 6755
- St Vincent de Paul Society NSW: 6882 6972
- Wellington Multi Service Centre: 6845 3474
- Western NSW Local Health District: 1300 066 055
Financial support: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/2021-covid-19-support-package or call Services Australia on 180 22 66 (for individuals) or Service NSW on 13 77 88 (for businesses)
National COVID older persons information line: 1800 171 866
Coronavirus disability information helpline (Disability Gateway): 1800 643 787
Thank you to everyone who is doing their best to get tested, spread the important messages, and reduce their contact with other people; that’s how we’re going get out the other side of this. Keep looking after each other and stay well, Dugald