The Mudgee region has topped the medal tally at the 2022 NSW Tourism Awards, reaffirming its status as Australia’s Top Tourism Town.
Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders said it was an amazing night for the Dubbo electorate, with Mudgee region claiming four gold medals, three silvers and one bronze, while Dubbo took home two golds and a silver.
“It’s great to see the rest of NSW realising what we already knew – our region is home to the best attractions this state has to offer,” Mr Saunders said.
“We’ve officially got the state’s best major attraction in Taronga Western Plains Zoo, and six of the best places to stay!”
The region’s highlights included:
- Major Tourist Attraction:
- Gold: Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Cultural Tourism:
- Silver: Old Dubbo Gaol
- Visitor Information Services:
- Gold: Mudgee Region Tourism
- Adventure Tourism:
- Gold: Balloon Aloft (Hunter Valley, Camden Valley, Mudgee and Byron Bay)
- Hosted Accommodation:
- Silver: Belle Bois, Capertee Valley
- Unique Accommodation:
- Gold: Zoofari Lodge, Taronga Western Plains Zoo
- Silver: Glenayr Farm Mudgee
- Self-Contained Accommodation:
- Gold: Bandalong Cottages, Mudgee
- Silver: Peppertree Hill, Mudgee
- New Tourism Business
- Bronze: Evamor Valley, Mudgee
- Judges’ Tourism Star Award: Glenayr Farm, Mudgee
- Hall of Fame: Sierra Escapes, Mudgee
“Congratulations to all our winners from across the Dubbo electorate,” Mr Saunders said.
“I’d urge everyone to consider a stay-cation this summer – our attractions and accommodation providers are world-class, there’s really no reason to go anywhere else!”