Small businesses hit hard by COVID-19 in the Dubbo electorate have more time to submit applications for the Small Business Support Fund grants to help pay for unavoidable expenses, Member for the Dubbo Electorate Dugald Saunders said.
The closing date has been extended until June 30, to allow more businesses access grants of up to $10,000 to help cover costs including utilities, rates and supplier costs.
Mr Saunders said over 40,000 small businesses had already applied for the grants.
“I want to encourage all small businesses in the Dubbo Electorate to apply for a grant,” he said
“The Dubbo Westview Drive In is a great example of a local small business that applied and was successful! They reopened on Friday with the terrific clash between the Sydney Roosters and South Sydney Rabbitohs and it was a great success with the patrons all adhering to the guidelines around physical distancing.
“I also want to confirm that there is special consideration for businesses who have gone through drought and may not think they qualify based on the 75% reduction in turnover.”
Minister for Customer Service Victor Dominello said the grants had been designed to allow small businesses to get access to help as quickly as possible. Of the 5,500 applicants who chose to leave feedback, Mr Dominello said more than 99% gave the process a thumbs up.
“Small businesses are the backbone of our state and support tens of thousands of local jobs and we are committed to easing the burden of COVID-19 on our mum and dad business owners and entrepreneurs,” Mr Saunders said.
For the Small Business Support Fund grant criteria, or to apply, go to www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-small-business-covid-19-support-grant Applications must be received by 11.59pm 30 June.
For more information about what other measures might be available, visit service.nsw.gov.au/covid-19 and use the assistance tool. To learn more about the NSW Government’s COVID-19 stimulus measures, visit nsw.gov.au/covid-19.