The NSW Government’s Community Building Partnerships is a program designed for groups that make our communities great places to live, and there’s no shortage of those in the Dubbo electorate! Some very deserving groups have secured funding in the latest round and I was thrilled to be able to deliver the news to some of them last week! The successful projects include:
- Enabling Orana Support Service to take its ‘Meals on the Main’ initiative on the road (literally!) to Wellington, Narromine and Trangie with $50,000 to purchase a food van;
- $18,235 for Wellington community radio station Binjang to create a meeting room and training area at its new premises, after it was forced to relocate; and
- Making boxing cool at Wellington PCYC, with $7000 to install a new reverse-cycle air-conditioning unit in the boxing shed.
More successful recipients will be announced in the coming weeks so stay tuned!
The NSW Government will encourage domestic and international business into NSW through through payroll tax relief as part of a new $250 million Jobs Plus Program, which is part of the 2020-21 NSW Budget. The new Program would create or support up to 25,000 jobs to 30 June, 2022. The Jobs Plus Program will commence 15 December 2020 and conclude on 30 June 2022.
Green slip prices are at a decade-low thanks to the NSW Government’s overhauled CTP green slip scheme. The average driver across NSW now pays $486, a saving of $149. Under the old scheme premiums reached a record high of $635 for the average vehicle owner and would have continued to grow. That’s why I’m urging every motorist to go to www.greenslips.nsw.gov.au/price-check, shop around and make sure you’re getting the best deal!
Last week I was very excited to reveal the projects put forward by the Narromine Shire Council to be funded through the NSW Government’s Resources for Regions fund. They include:
- $925,604 to construct a club house at Cale Oval; and
- $750,000 for recreational facility upgrades, including upgrades at Narromine Pool, and the design and construction of an all-weather multi-purpose court in Tomingley for tennis, basketball, netball and handball!