Members of the community are encouraged to celebrate the outstanding work women do in our local councils by making a nomination for the 2022 Ministers’ Women in Local Government Awards.
Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders said the annual awards are a chance to recognise female councillors and staff from Dubbo Regional, Mid-Western Regional, and Narromine Shire Councils, who make invaluable contributions to improve our daily lives.
“There are many women playing a vital role in making our local council and community stronger through their hard work and bold ideas,” Mr Saunders said.
“Community members can nominate a female staff member or councillor to go up against high achieving women from councils across the State for one of these prestigious awards.
“I urge residents and businesses to nominate an outstanding woman working hard for our local councils and community.”
The Ministers’ Women in Local Government Awards were established in 2008 to recognise the outstanding efforts of women at the grassroots level of government in metropolitan and regional/rural councils.
Award categories include separate awards for metropolitan and regional/rural councils. The categories are:
- Employment Diversity Award – a successful council program to increase female participation in senior leadership roles or at the elected representative level
- Elected Representative Award – a councillor who has advanced the position of female elected representatives
- Champion of Change Award – a general manager or senior manager who has excelled in supporting and encouraging women’s participation at their council
- Alternative Pathways Award – a female staff member who is breaking down gender stereotypes
- Young Achiever’s Award – an outstanding trainee/apprentice (aged 25 and under)
- Councillor Lilliane Brady OAM Award (formerly known as the Minister for Local Government Award for Women). The winner of this award is selected by the Minister. No nominations are required.
Nominations for the 2022 Ministers’ Awards for Women in Local Government can be submitted until 19 October 2022: https://www.olg.nsw.gov.au/