Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders is encouraging locals looking for the opportunity to reskill for the jobs of the future to investigate the NSW Government’s Skilling for Recovery initiative.
Mr Saunders said the NSW Government has committed $159.3 million to match the Federal Government’s JobTrainer funding, which will be a key component to the State’s COVID-19 Recovery Plan.
“This initiative is an excellent opportunity for people in the Dubbo electorate to upskill or reskill, and for school leavers to enter the workforce for the first time,” Mr Saunders said.
“Our community is battling through COVID-19 like the rest of the state, so it is important for job seekers to look to industries of the future.
“I encourage anyone who has had their work situation impacted by COVID to see if these training opportunities can help them.”
Skilling for Recovery includes:
- Infrastructure-specific training to support the record spending on projects such as the Aerotropolis, hospital redevelopments and regional road upgrades
- Full-qualifications to retrain and become qualified
- Short course micro-credentials to upskill
- Support for apprentices and trainees
- A new online Skills and Employment Hub
- Regional employment brokers to connect industry and trainers with job seekers;
- Tailored support to re-engage young people in regional areas back into school, training or employment.
Training is expected to commence in the coming months.