Tourism businesses across the Dubbo Electorate can now register for a series of free online industry events to hear expert advice about the domestic market, how to sell bookable products online and how to work with different distribution partners.
The events, which include webinars and digital training, are hosted by the NSW Government’s tourism and major events agency Destination NSW and are free for businesses to participate.
Member for the Dubbo Electorate Dugald Saunders said businesses and the region would benefit from this industry-focused advice.
“This is free, expert advice for tourism businesses that will help our community to attract new and returning visitors and provide a boost to our local economy,” Mr Saunders said.
“It’s great that the NSW Government is providing this opportunity for businesses from Trangie to Gulgong and everywhere in between to upskill and adapt.”
The two series of online events – Restart Series and Discuss and Develop Your Business – are part of Destination NSW’s industry development program, NSW First, and focus on tips to help operators return to market. The first session will be held on 22 July.
The NSW First Program assists tourism businesses to develop, promote and sell tourism products and experiences. The program provides industry events, downloadable resources for businesses and direct product development support and mentoring for operators.
Upcoming events include:
- 22 July – Restart Series: The domestic market
- 23 July – Discuss and Develop Your Business: Leverage the Love NSW campaign with TripAdvisor and Viator
- 28 July – Restart Series: Sell bookable products online
- 4 August – Discuss and Develop Your Business: Commissions and the travel distribution system
- 12 August – Discuss and Develop Your Business: Creating effective trade fact sheets
- 26 August – Discuss and Develop Your Business: Working with your accredited Visitor Information Centre
Visit www.destinationnsw.com.au/nswfirst for more information.