Local event organisers are encouraged to apply for funding to make their events bigger and better than ever, or to help bring major sporting, musical or cultural events to town, as part of the $20 million Regional Events Acceleration Fund Round Two.
Member for the Dubbo electorate Dugald Saunders said the new funding round will provide a minimum $100,000 to help bring new major events to regional NSW and between $50,000 to $200,000 to increase capacity and enhance existing events.
“Examples of eligible projects include extra seating for outdoor shows or sporting events, temporary fencing, accessibility infrastructure, providing additional stages at music festivals, temporary car parks or pop-up camping sites,” Mr Saunders said.
“This is great news for the Dubbo electorate as this funding will go a long way towards allowing us to host world-class events in our own backyard.”
Acting Premier and Minister for Regional NSW Paul Toole said the package had already supported more than 80 events expected to attract more than one million visitors to the regions, laying the foundations for a strong recovery of Regional NSW.
“This package will help drive regional NSW’s economic recovery from bushfire, drought, COVID-19, and the current flooding crisis,” Mr Toole said.
“Helping organisers host world-class events in their own backyard showcases our great regional towns to national and international audiences.”
Event organisers, regional NSW councils, not-for-profit organisations, sporting bodies and Aboriginal Land Councils are eligible to apply for grants.
Applications to the Regional Events Acceleration Fund open today and close 5pm Tuesday, October 4, 2022.
For information about eligibility criteria and program guideline, go to: www.nsw.gov.au/REAFund.